Sunday, February 12, 2012

When growing up I became aware of my parent's natures. My Mum would say to me, "you take that side of your personality from your Dad," and I would be aware of sharing real similarities with my Mum's nature too.
I never really understood my Dad when I was growing up, but after I had children of my own I started to understand him more. Even though he's been dead for a few years now, I still find things coming up in me that are similar to my Dad. I see him in my children too at times.
It's strange, that even though he's gone am still learning about him from within and still seeing him in my children.
I guess this adds to what I spoke about earlier, that despite the frightening things I'd been taught about God when I was young, something within me revealed it not to be true.
That just as my Dad being a part of me, revealed more and more about him, within me. I understood him more and more and am still learning about him. That God being my true Father and being within me too, (through the heart I believe) reveales the truth about his true nature. Not just being told about God and going with this, but actually experiencing God within me through the heart and what love truly reveales. People may have thought they knew my Dad and maybe in some ways they did, they may tell me stories about when he was young etc and the things he did, but I KNOW HIM from within.
Just as I see my Dad in my children, I believe I see God in others too and experience him in their loving actions. My Dad's dead and gone, I don't see him anymore, but I still experience him in myself and my kids, he lives on through me and my children. I don't expect others to see this in my children, nor in me, but I see it and sometimes my family see it too.
I don't need evidence to prove that my Dad is dead, I was with him when he died, but I know he lives on through myself and my kids and will continue to live on through their kids should they have any, as I will through them too.
It's not difficult for me to take on that although I can't see God in the literal sense, that I believe that he is real and is constantly revealed through love and the shared experience of people.
Sometimes people will tell me that they experience God from me, maybe in me reaching out to them through love. They know, just as I know about my Dad. They recognise through their hearts, the reality of God too and they may glimse him in me as I may in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment