Saturday, February 11, 2012

I was encouraged and helped by a very good friend of mine to do this blog, thanks.
I named the blog God Does Not Care after viewing a similar blog that had attracted hurting people and my heart really went out to them.
I hope through this blog to share my thoughts about whether God cares or not and why.
The first things I'll say is that I don't really want to get into the argument here of whether God exists or not. Although this is an argument I find very interesting, will leave that for another blog.
Will just stick with the belief that God does exist and share the way I believe him to be.
I believe that God's true nature is found in love and only revealed in love, through the heart.

Will give a little background. I was raised as a Christian and because of my nature and the stuff I was taught, I grew up believing that God was a very scary character. A dictator, who was always watching me, keeping note of any mistakes I made, anything I did wrong and would punish me in this life for this and forever in the next life. I really grew up in fear!
It's strange though that another part of me, despite the horrible way I'd been taught about God as a child knew this was not true. Another part of me just knew this was not the reality.
I believe this awareness came through the heart. I had such an awareness of love even from a very early age. It has remained with me all my life and I believed it to be God revealed within me.
It's very easy to look around in the world and believe that God doesn't care. I've struggled/struggle with this myself. This does not work with love though, as love does care.
So in my own little way I hope to reveal through my blog how despite some of the horrible things that take place, that I can still hold to the belief that God does care and why.
Will see how it goes, if people read it and it's positive then I'll continue it.

3 comments:

  1. Very good start. And clever name to attract people. Looking forward to following this vlog, and seeing where you go/take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your positive comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Royal Blue, its interesting how you are approaching your chosen subject by challenging what it is saying. It will be interesting to see how you go about backing up your thoughts on this subject. You certainly have your work cut out for you as there is a whole lot of bad stuff happening these days and people seem to think this is God's doing as he is upset with the way people are living. I look forward to tracking your blog to see where it goes

    ReplyDelete